Being experts in drain cleaning, we’d want to inform homeowners that you need to be vigilant of their drains’ flow. Here are some signs of a clogged drain:
- If you hear or see your toilet bubbling or standing water in the shower
- Water backs up in the sink, commode, or bathtub
- Water is slow to drain from the bathtub, sink, bathtub, shower, or commode
- You smell the bad odor in the bathroom, kitchen, and outdoors
- You spot water puddles on the floor near the bathtub or sink
- You spot mold near your pipes
It’s crucial to understand that clogged drains can happen anywhere around the house—where you have water. Most of the issues come from the kitchen because of grease, soap, food, and garbage disposal blades. When combined together, these can leave a bit of muck in the drainage. Eventually, with time, the opening of the pipes where the water passes through gets narrow and blocked.
The same happens with the bathroom drains. The build-up of toothpaste, hair, soap, toilet paper, wipes, and feminine hygiene products gets backed up, thereby clogging the drains. On the other hand, sewer lines and drains outside the house collect tons of organic matter like dirt, leaves, dead insects, and twigs that block and clog drains, slowing down and ultimately stopping water flow.
But no matter what the issue is and where, our plumbing experts in drain cleaning in Portland can come over and clear your drains—getting the water flowing like they are brand new. And that is not an overstatement.